Easy, Unique Holiday Tabletop Tips
You know those gorgeous holiday tables you see in magazines and blogs? Of course they are designed by a team of stylists, but a festive look for your table top is more obtainable than you think.
Using items that you already have in your home, you can achieve a high end look without making an extra trip the store.
- Use potted plants to create a garden like feel and add life. Flowers can be expected, plus most they aren’t really seasonal this time of year.
- A collection of glass vases, artfully arranged. Experiment with different sizes and mix and match.
- Pieces of seasonal fruit arrangements. Decorate using berries, figs, blood oranges (and their leaves), wine grapes, and more.
- Use collectables, trinkets, and treasures as unexpected elements
- Pick a theme and try to stick to it (Modern, Rustic, Trendy)
- Keep the tablecloth fairly plain if you are using many elements
- Use a patterned tablecloth if you are using a small amount of elements
- Take risks. You can go the traditional Christmas look with reds and golds but don’t be afraid to go monotone or move other colors.
- Create one main focal point such as large candelabra with smaller elements that complement it